My Donegal Bucketlist


Hey everyone and welcome back to Stay Sásta. I hope you all are keeping well and looking forward to moving ahead to Phase 2. When I started writing this during the week, I was only thinking about the 20km limit and how maybe a few of these places would be accessible to you. But then yesterday we got some great news and now we can travel all over the county next week!! So today I’m going to be chatting about the places in Donegal I am hoping to tick off. This is my first somewhat travel blogpost so here’s hoping we’ll get further than Donegal before the years out. I made this list with the help of my friends so we hope you enjoy! I’ve been to some of these places but majority I still need to visit. These are in no particular order. Feel free to grab a pen and paper and make your own Donegal Bucketlist.

1.Errigal- I’ve lived here 19 years and STILL haven’t climbed Errigal so this will be happening very soon I hope.

2.Murder Hole Beach Dunfanaghy- One of the prettiest beaches I’ve seen but never got to visit, I’ve heard it can be tricky to get to but once I figure it out I will be there.

3.Harrys Hole Dunfanaghy- I definitely want to jump off the rocks here some day over summer it looks amazing. It's near Marble Hill so you could visit both in the one day.

4.Slieve League- I visited here before lockdown and I loved it but it was sooo busy so I would love to visit again when its quieter so I can really appreciate the views. Also home to the highest sea cliffs in Europe.


5.Rossnowlagh- I would love to get surfing here soon. I’ve seen lots of pics and snaps and it looks amazing. Its also near Bundoran so you could make a day of it.

6. The waterfall in Dunlewey- Okay I have no idea how to get here but I am determined to make it. Instagram has been flooded with pics of this place so I’m excited to see what the fuss is about.

7. Oakfield Park- One of Donegals famous parks. I would love to visit and have a picnic here someday as it looks so beautiful.

8. Grianán Of Aileach- The view from here of Lough Swilly and Lough Foyle is meant to be breathtaking!! I’m excited to visit on a good day.

9. Narin and Portnoo- The beach here looks stunning from pictures and I loveeee visiting new beaches.

10. Dunree Fort- I’ve only been up around the Inishowen Peninsula a few times and I only heard about this place recently so I’m definitely going for a visit.

11.Rathmullan- I was here once years ago and had food in a restaurant by the water, it was so stunning. I’m excited to go back and sit by the water.

12. Fanad Lighthouse- Another place I’ve only been once and I remember how stunning the views of the sea were.

13. Muckish -Again still haven’t climbed Muckish oops.

14. Arranmore- The first time I was here the weather wasn’t great so we spent most of the day in the car but I’d love to spend the day wandering around the island.


15.  Boat Strand Carrickfinn- Places like these are so close but I’ve still never been so I need to change this. I’ve seen so many pictures of here and it looks so so pretty. The pictures I’ve seen make it look like somewhere abroad.

16. Tory Island- I’m only adding this in for some of you who haven’t been. I go here most summers and I love it so definitely visit when you can.

17. Poison Glen Dunlewey- I’ve only ever driven past here but I’m dying to get a chance to walk down around it as it looks stunning.

18. Glenveagh Bridle Path- This is such a stunning walk even on a bad day. We did it at Christmas but it was lashing rain so I’m hoping in summer it’ll be even nicer.


19. Gola- One of Donegal’s many islands and considering its so near to me I’m shocked I haven’t visited.

20. Mullaghderg- This beach looks absolutely stunning and the sunset views from here look breath-taking. Shoutout to Caoimhe Boyle for this unreal pic:


21. Crohy Head- So many people have visited here recently so I can’t wait to see what the fuss is about. The cliffs and sea arch look unbelievable.

22. Wild Ireland Burnfoot- I’m not sure when this place will open up again but I’ve been meaning to visit for so long. It looks incredible with all the different animals.

23. Loch Altan- Again, I did this walk on a rainy day before so I want to experience it when it’s a bit sunnier. There are amazing views of the mountains here.

24. Burtonport Railway Walk- I didn’t know about this walk until one of my friends mentioned it so I really want to go and check it out now.

25. Cnoc Fola- I live right beside it but still haven’t climbed Cnoc Fola. I can only imagine how unreal the views must be from the top.

26. Cruit Island- I think all around this area is so stunning but its not somewhere I’ve been that often, so I’ll definitely be checking out more places around here.

27. Loch An Iúir Railway walk- Another walk I didn’t know about but will definitely be doing is this one. Loch an Iuir is so pretty so I’m sure this will be a great walk.

28. Assaranca waterfall Glenties- I’ve heard about this waterfall a lot so I will definitely be going to get my waterfall pic here lol.

29. Five Finger Strand- So this beach is said to have some of the highest dunes in Europe. I can’t wait to visit. I had never heard about it until mum was suggesting places to add to this.

30. Walk from Moville To Greencastle- This is a 4k walk from Moville to Greencastle all along the shore. Again, it isn’t an area I’m familiar with so I’m excited to visit and see the place.


These are only 30 places I could come up with so I'm sure there's way more I'm missing. Let me know if there's anywhere you think I should check out. Hopefully this will give you some inspo over the coming weeks. Happy adventuring :)

Le grá,

M x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Split, Croatia - 5 DAY ITINERARY🥥🌊🌞🗺️🤍

Going from stuck in a rut to sticking to a routine

Fáilte