Redecorating my room || On a budget & in Quarantine

Hey everyone and welcome back! I hope you guys are keeping well and looking forward to a whole new month ahead. Today I'm going to be chatting about how I redecorated my room on a budget and during quarantine.
A lot of what I did is DIY and will show you how you can totally transform a room without spending too much. I decided to redecorate for my birthday back in March. I had just moved home and it was that point of quarantine (before my baking phase) that I was so bored and had nothing to do.

As you can see from my before snaps my room was very dull and cluttered looking all the time. The first thing I did was paint my furniture to freshen them up a bit, I took the before pics after this as you can see. At this point I had no idea what kind of colour scheme I was going to go for but I loved the blue/turquoise Frenchic paint I found in Harbour Road. 
The second thing I did was cleared out my room and started painting. I had a little baby pink frame that I loved the colour of and I brought that to the paint shop and they matched it for me. Me and my Dad spent the whole weekend painting for my birthday. (It was a lot harder then I thought it would be)

 I had a long mirror from ikea hung horizontally across one of the walls but I decided to hang it up vertically instead and I am so glad I did because it makes my room look so much bigger. Then we hung up my other square mirror which was previously just sitting above my chest of drawers. I hung it up and finally put the lights I got in Ikea ages ago up on it.

 As you can see above I put together a mini gallery wall above my tv. I love gallery walls but seeing as most shops were closed at this time I just used the frames I already had. The print in the middle is from Pennys ages ago but I love how it worked perfectly with the white frames. I got this sort of film thing in Aldi once (like wallpaper for surfaces I'm not sure if that makes sense lol) and I put it over my dresser to make it look newer. It wasn't until everything was nearly finished that I noticed how everything tied together. I had so many blue and baby pink things that I was able to use to brighten up the room.
 My dad had shelves in the shed so I took them and sprayed hooks, that we used to have in the utility room, white. I love having these shelves now as I feel they are such a focus point in my room and such a nice display.

 I love being organised and I brought my Ikea storage unit home from college and now I'm using it for my tv but I love having all this extra storage space.
 Seeing as I was going to be spending a lot more time at home I wanted to create a relaxing space that I really loved spending time in. I found my old room had too much colour going on and it was constantly messy looking but now I find its almost always in order (almost lol). 
Thanks so much for reading and hopefully you got some inspo. Chat soon.
Le grá,
M x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Split, Croatia - 5 DAY ITINERARY🥥🌊🌞🗺️🤍

Going from stuck in a rut to sticking to a routine

Fáilte