Realistic Resolutions

 

Happy New Year!! I hope you are all keeping well and feeling ready to take on another lockdown &  New Year. If not, don’t worry, I’ve put together a little list of resolutions that will help you get motivated without draining yourself. This can be a hard time of year for a lot of people but the most important thing to setting goals and getting back into routine is to not put pressure on yourself. These resolutions don’t need to be done in one day, you can start small an build yourself up week by week. I hope these ideas help you to get motivated and feel refreshed.

1. Go for a walk & listen to a podcast; This is my main resolution for 2021! I love clearing my head by going for a walk but I’ve recently struggled with the motivation to get up and go, sooo to motivate myself I pick a podcast for every day (Also posting these on my Instagram stories to hold myself accountable). It is so important to get fresh air these days.
2. Start Journaling; Something I can’t wait to improve on this year. Set aside time every evening or morning to give yourself some alone time.
3. Tidy every day; I’ve become addicted to cleaning. If anything is out of place in my room now I get stressed lol. But having a clear room = clear mind.
4. Read more; I’m the slowest reader ever so I haven’t set an amount on how many books to read this year but I do want to start reading more. I’m joining Louise Cooneys virtual book club next week (info on her stories) so I’m looking forward to that.
5. Save money; This year I’m going to make more of a concious effort to spend my money wisely & save up for good quality things instead of splurging on things I don’t really need.
6. Drink more water; I have a Starbucks cup I use every day for water but I’m trying hard this year to drink more water instead of coffee (this one will be hard...).
7. Early to bed, early to rise; There is so much study done on the benefits of sleeping earlier and waking up earlier. I find getting back into early rises impossible but each week break it down to getting up a little bit earlier and build it from there. My main goal would be to finally be able to join the 5am club...but that is a work in progress.
8. One new habit per week; As I said about waking up earlier & building on it week by week, you can gradually pick a new habit to incorporate into your routine every week, and before you know it you’ll have them all achieved. This way is much more realistic than putting too much pressure on yourself.
9. Gratitude Journaling; This little habit works so well for me, especially at night when I’m too tired to read etc. I just write down 5 good things/things I’m grateful for on that day. You’ll be amazed at how much your mindset will change.
10. Do something nice for someone everyday; This doesn’t need to be anything huge but even just a compliment, checking in on someone or helping out at home. People will be so grateful for the little things you do for them.

That’s all from me today, hopefully it won’t take me this long to find inspiration again lol. I hope you all stay safe and look after yourselves in this crazy time🤍.
Le grá,
M x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Split, Croatia - 5 DAY ITINERARY🥥🌊🌞🗺️🤍

Going from stuck in a rut to sticking to a routine

Fáilte