10 Things I've Been Up To In Quarantine

 

 Hey everyone, and welcome back to Stay Sásta. For the first blog post of the week I’ve decided to talk about things I’ve been up to in quarantine. It’s a crazy time for us all right now but it’s important to keep yourself going by doing nice things. Trust me, I’ve had my fair share of days when the most productive thing I did was get out of bed. Don’t be fooled by what people post on Instagram, that’s just one snap of their day! But even with the bad days, we’re bound to have good days. I’ve made a list of my top 10 easy at home activities that will keep you going! So, grab a cuppa and enjoy 😊(these are in no particular order btw)

1.       Baking:

If you haven’t baked a banana bread yet fair play!! You must be one of very few. I have rarely ever baked in my life until now. There was an incident with chocolate and a hand mixer a few Christmas’s ago and lets just say we had to repaint the kitchen, therefore it isn’t my strong point lol. If your looking for some great recipe’s that can be easily adapted in many ways I highly recommend Rozanna Purcell’s- Natural Born Feeder Instagram page and No Fuss Vegan Cookbook, trust me they will be your bible during this. My fav is the cookie dough slices recipe. Its amazing!!


2.       Yoga:

I’ve always been a big fan of yoga and during the Leaving Cert I would love going to Market House Yoga in Dunfanaghy. Daisy has now put her classes online and you can message her on her insta to get more info! A youtube yoga fav of mine is definitely Yoga With Adrienne. Her Cozy Yoga is amazing and her dog Benji is adorable.

3.       Tie Dye:

First things first let me just say the middle aisle in aldi is my heaven! I always find great craft sets and a while ago I found a Tie Dye set. Tie Dye sets are so easy to use and there’s no right or wrong way to do it. I ruined a white jumper making curry one night (yikes) so I decided to Tie Dye it and I am obsessed!! I’ve posted it on my insta if you want to check it out.


4.       Running:

I have never been good at running but I’ve decided to give it another go. Rozanna Purcell has a virtual race planned for August 2nd covering 5km, 10km or a half marathon. I’ve started the 10km plan and I find it so motivating following the plans designed by coach John Regan. If your looking for running inspo follow the Together Apart We Run Instagram.

5.       Makeup:

So many makeup artists are doing live tutorials these days and it’s a brilliant way to improve your skills. Louise Cooney and Aideen Kate did one recently so me and the girls had a Zoom call during it, it was a makeup lesson and a catch up all in one!

6.       Workouts:

I barely ever worked out before this but I’ve found it’s a fun way to pass part of the day and you will feel so so good after it. I’ve been using Chloe Tings plans and they have been amazing, her videos and website are brilliant.

7.       Zoom:

Okay I’ll keep this one short because you all have definitely had lots of Zoom calls. Me and my friends have done quizzes, dressed up quizzes, themed quizzes and quizzes about eachother. The list is endless of fun ideas you can have for Zoom nights with the girls!

8.       Youtube & Instagram: 

       I spend so much time on youtube and Instagram these days so I had to add this in!

Some youtubers I have been binge watching during Quarantine;

Tarmarz- her weekly vlogs are so so good and her Brooklyn loft is unbelievable!

Retro Flame- Erika has amazing fashion videos so if your outfit planning for after quarantine or need some shopping inspo definitely have a watch.

Louise Cooney- Give her “8 Things I’ve Learnt During Quarantine” video a watch, she is so inspiring.

Some insta accounts I’ve been loving;

Kaelin Fox- Her whole Instagram is breathtaking and her #KreateWithKaelin is worth the stalk.

Aileen Amelia- I’ve followed Aileen for years and her recent giveaways have been amazing. Her feed is fab aswell and her IGTV fashion videos are the best!!

Tarmarz- Her style and music taste is so so cool her stories and feed are amazingggg

Coolest Place On The Planet- If your missing adventuring around Donegal (like I am!!) go stalk her page and plan where your gunna visit first.

 

9.       Painting Furniture:

If , like me, you love decorating and DIY then I highly recommend painting furniture. One day I decided I wanted to paint my drawers blue. So we got Frenchic Paint from Harbour Road in Gweedore and it is so so easy to use. No primer or any prep needed just paint and let it dry. Super simple but can transform a whole room!


10.   Random little Things:

Okay this is a lot longer than I planned so I’ll quickly mention a few small things you can do;

-Write your friends letters

-Download “Smiling Mind” or “Calm” and meditate

-Read; I recommend “The Secret” or “Becoming” By Michelle Obama

-Bullet Journalling

-Walking, swimming or kayaking if its within your 5km

-Spend time with your family

 

That’s all from me today. I hope you guys enjoyed. I’ve also figured out how to let you guys follow me on here so if you click the button in the top left corner you should find it. Thank you all again for reading and all of the support. Means so so much!

 

Le grá,

M x


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Split, Croatia - 5 DAY ITINERARY🥥🌊🌞🗺️🤍

Going from stuck in a rut to sticking to a routine

Fáilte