Books To Keep You Smiling

Welcome back to Stay Sásta.One thing I've been loving this weekend is reading outside in the sunshine. The weather has been unbelievable and here's hoping it stays for a while. Todays blogpost will be short as I've been trying* to spend this weekend outside and not inside on my laptop! I've put together a list of all my favourite happy or motivational books. I find books the perfect way to escape from everything and these will definitely have you hooked! Hope you all enjoy and maybe find a new read :) 


1.Good Vibes, Good Life by Vex King.
I borrowed this book off my friend yesterday and I'm only a few pages in but I already love it. I think you know if a book is for you from the start and this is definitely my kind of book. On the back it says "Be the best version of you that you can be" and I think that with all this extra time we have the perfect opportunity to do just that.

2. F**k It by John C Parkin
I read this last year and read it again at the start of lockdown and it was even better the second time. From this book you'll realise what is really important in life and what you should just say "F**k it" to. It's all about giving up things that don't matter and finding real freedom.

3. Becoming by Michelle Obama
I've always admired Michelle Obama and even more now after reading her book. She tells her story in such an amazing way that you'll be hooked from the very beginning. As she says on the back  "Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something you own"

4. Oh My God What A Complete Aisling by Emer McLysaght and Sarah Breen
I don't think you could get a more Irish book than this one. From the slang to the "notions" you'll be roaring laughing from start to finish. Exactly what we all need right now.

5. The Best Moment Of Your Life by Lonely Planet
Travel books are the perfect way to escape from real life or to plan trips for the future. What I loved most about this one is the variety. The book is made up of 100 stories of people describing their best travel experiences. You'll feel like you're right there with them. And the pictures are breath-taking!

6.The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
I read this book for the first time when I was around 13 and since then it's always one I'll pick up and have a flick through. It is such a good read and will open your eyes to how you can control and manifest your whole life!

7. The Power by Rhonda Byrne
After reading the secret again this year I got this book from the library. Following on from the secret this book teaches you how you have the power to whatever you want in life. "You are meant to have an amazing life!" and this book will teach you how.

8. Love Her Wild & The Dark Between The Stars by Atticus
Some of you may know Atticus from Instagram. He is an anonymous Instagram poet who writes short but powerful poems. Both of these books are brilliant to flick through and just chill out with. His style is so simple so even if you aren't in to poetry I'm sure you'll enjoy some of his.

9. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Okay I had to add this one in as its one of my all time favs. I've read it so so many times and watched the movie even more. I love the storyline and Nicholas Sparks is an amazing author. Perfect for spending a day chilling with.

10. The Ultimate Travel List by Lonely Planet.
Another amazing travel book that lists 500 of the best places to visit. I love opening a random page and reading about somewhere I've never even heard of.

11. What I Know For Sure by Oprah
I adore this book. I picked it up in a little bookshop in Dublin one day and I haven't put it down since. I love it so much. She talks about her own life experiences and shares stories in such a simple way that will completely inspire you.

That's all from me today. These are some of my fav reads and I've read most of them again because they're that good. Especially these days I think we all need a little escapism so I hope these put a smile on your face.
Le grá,
M x 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Split, Croatia - 5 DAY ITINERARY🥥🌊🌞🗺️🤍

Going from stuck in a rut to sticking to a routine

Fáilte