Tory Island Co.Donegal, Staycation 2020

Welcome back to Stay Sásta. I hope you are all doing great and enjoying some more normality. Recently I visited Tory Island for a few days on a staycation and I had the best time. It was like I was abroad on holiday. If you watched my IGTV that I posted during the week then you would have seen plenty of what we got up to and saw, but I decided to write this blogpost with more info and ideas of places to see. I'll go through what we did each day and add a few snaps. Hope you enjoy and maybe find this helpful!


Day 1:
We travelled to Tory on Friday afternoon. As I live near the pier we didn't have far to go to get the boat. We had an amazing sailing with plenty of blue skies. It was a little bit choppy but I'm lucky as I never get sea sick, my family on the other hand weren't so lucky. Once we landed we headed up to the hotel for lunch and a drink to settle the stomachs! We cycled to where we were staying and unpacked for our lil holiday. I spent the evening cycling about with my cousins as the sun was shining. We had food in the hotel that night followed by cocktails that were amazing. I highly recommend trying their cosmopolitan's.

Day 2:
We had an early wakeup call on Saturday morning as I promised to help my little cousins feed the lambs and I'm so glad I did! They were so cute and friendly. After that we made a fry and fuelled up for the day. Then we set off to cycle to the lighthouse. It's not too long to cycle from where we were staying. We walked around the walls of it to get the best views. 

Then we followed the path up  by Derek Hills hut, an artist who used to visit the island. We carried on down then to a lookout point and then back along the road to the hotel. We sat in by the fire and had some soup to warm ourselves up! We headed home and had a power nap as it was definitely needed. After a nap and some coffee it was time to get all dressed up for dinner. We ate in the dining room of the hotel and it was fantastic. The décor is lovely and the views of the harbour are amazing. 

Day 3:
Sunday called for a lazy morning. We chilled for the morning and then headed for afternoon tea in the hotel. I've never had afternoon tea before but this was such an experience. They serve their afternoon tea in the conservatory and because the sun was shining we all felt like we were in Spain or something. We spent the rest of the day cycling about. That evening my cousins took us fishing. It was such a laugh and between us all we only caught one fish! So it was takeaway from the hotel for the rest of us. We put on a turf fire and spent the evening relaxing.


Day 4:
For our last morning we got up early and fed the lambs one last time. After some breakfast we went for a hike up along the cliffs and it was amazing. The cliffs at the back of the island are breath taking. We visited the Wishing Stone too. If you look closely at the cliffs you should spot some puffins and sometimes even seals around the rocks. Afterwards we packed our bags, spent some time at the park and then got the boat home.


Considering we can't really go far this summer this was an ideal break away. I genuinely felt like I was in a different country. It just goes to show the amazing spots that are right on our doorstep.
Hopefully this gave you some staycation inspo. Message me if you have any questions about the trip.
Le grá,
M x
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Split, Croatia - 5 DAY ITINERARY🥥🌊🌞🗺️🤍

Going from stuck in a rut to sticking to a routine

Fáilte